Too Little Disk Space

dentonsba

I have a 20 gig C drive with less than 500 megabytes space available. I also have an external hard drive with more than 450 gigs of space available. I want to defrag my C drive, but it appears it will take forever given the small amount of space available on C. Is there any way I can make use of the large amount of space available on the external drive (drive E:) ?

I have a 20 gig C drive with less than 500 megabytes space available. I also have an external hard drive with more than 450 gigs of space available. I want to defrag my C drive, but it appears it will take forever given the small amount of space available on C. Is there any way I can make use of the large amount of space available on the external drive (drive E:) ?

What I would do in your case is move all large files such as audio and video files to external hard drive and than defrag C Drive with defraggler.

Than once C Drive is defragged move audio and video files from external drive back to C Drive.

This way you will have enough space free for defraggler to work well and also it will defrag faster since less files to move around.

Hope this helps.