Defraggler 1.06 drive map color

thomas09

Hello,

after downloading and running defraggler 1.06 (portable), the drive map indicating the different blocks is in greyscale only, although the legend shows the correct colors (see screenshot attached). I've tested this on two systems, both running WinXP, one SP3 and one SP2. Any ideas? Defraggler 1.04 still works fine and in color!

Regards,

Thomas

post-26319-1233174761_thumb.png

post-26319-1233174761_thumb.png

... that really worked - thanks a lot! I already tried to start an analysis or an defragmentation, but you have to wait until the analysis is complete before the colors are shown. That's different to earlier versions and therefor I didn't expect it to work this way (and have been not patient enough). Thanks again!

Thomas

... that really worked - thanks a lot! I already tried to start an analysis or an defragmentation, but you have to wait until the analysis is complete before the colors are shown. That's different to earlier versions and therefor I didn't expect it to work this way (and have been not patient enough). Thanks again!

Thomas

Not 100% sure on this... But that may have to do with the interactive drive map that shows the files in them when you click on the blocks-- Probably needs an analysis/defrag first to be able to function properly. Can anyone else back this up?

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

Not 100% sure on this... But that may have to do with the interactive drive map that shows the files in them when you click on the blocks-- Probably needs an analysis/defrag first to be able to function properly. Can anyone else back this up?

That's probably the case, though I can't confirm that. In any event, the interactivity of the drive map is well worth the required analysis to see drive state. I really like the new drive map, as it adds a lot of transparency to the sectors / blocks...

I'm glad I could help thomas09, I figured that was what you were experiencing, as that is different from previous releases.