Windows Live integration into MS Office

rridgely

• Moderators

MS just released an update for Office that allows you to save your documents directly into office workspace(basically online storage where you can either just store your documents, or allow others to edit them and track who edits what). VERY COOL. I have been uploading a lot of my stuff onto it for a few hours.

They also put something into the windows live installer that will allow you to use Outlook to check the free @live.com emails with pop3. (called outlook connector.) Because of this I've dumped windows live mail and gone back to outlook.

They are finally starting to bring the windows live stuff together. I really like photogallery and the parental tools program is pretty good too if you need that kind of software.

• 9 months later...
Guess no one else thought free online storage integrated into word/powerpoint/excell was cool. :(

I love the fact that you save the file just like you would to your hard drive, awesome. :)

:rolleyes: I do! It is great .. I mean it would be great for me if I could sort of figure out more how and what is required ... I can not take the time right now to reference my Live Office download prompts .. but I do remember putting them on the side and saying to myself .. oh gosh another investment into a whole new Office release ... while I am still trying to access my Office 2000 via a desktop connection to my Windows 98 computer. (Could not install Office 2000 on my new at the time WinXP computer :( ).

Anyway I think it sounds especially great too that you were able to start using Outlook .. because I loved the email formatting you could do with that. And the idea that all of that stuff could be stored not on my home desktop .. wow it sounds great. I am glad I read your post ... I was researching anything I could find about Windows Live Mail. I am a MSN subscriber from the beginning and still am a MSN Mail subscriber but I like Windows Live Mail better (precisely because it is more like Outlook Express in its more open versatility .. but also less secure I think). My problem is that I erase all of the accounts on my Windows Live Mail ... all of my mail account info ... all of it ... whenever I use Ccleaner! I can get it back because it is web based but it is a hassle.

Do you know of what area that I may have cleaned that would have deleted all of the Windows Live Mail account info? I did what I thought was a basic clean. If you see this I would also like to know did you have to buy the latest version of Office in order to have it all work right in "cloud computing"? Is that what it is called?