Cookie Viewer

Ozmoz

HI there,

Would it be possible to add a 'Cookie Viewer" option?

Reason: When I go to some sites that I am a member it pops a cookie on my PC, after I enter my username/password I get another cookie. Since I like keeping the cookies with my username/passwords so I don't need to re-enter them at each visit, I'd like to be able to view the cookies so I know which one contains my username/password and only save that one.

I also think it would be a nice option to be able to see what's in the cookies while the program is running.

Thanks!,

Oz

• Moderators

Hi Ozmoz, and welcome to the forum.

That's not a bad suggestion. I could use that myself, as it's often a case of keeping all cookies from a particular site, and by a tedious process of elimination, finding the relevant one.

Whether it could be easily implemented I don't know, but thanks for the suggestion.

Aren't cookies encrypted, and thus only decryptable by the relevant website/application?

WinPatrol can display cookies and they have readable stuff and numbers.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Hi Ozmoz, and welcome to the forum.

That's not a bad suggestion. I could use that myself, as it's often a case of keeping all cookies from a particular site, and by a tedious process of elimination, finding the relevant one.

Whether it could be easily implemented I don't know, but thanks for the suggestion.

Thank you for the consideration :-)

• Moderators
Aren't cookies encrypted, and thus only decryptable by the relevant website/application?

I've opened many cookies in notepad, and amongst the encrypted data I usually find "readable" refferences to the login details I'm looking for. This also applies to flash cookies, "settings.sol" files.

IECookiesView v1.73 Cookies viewer-manager for Internet Explorer (zipfile 94 kB).

No installation. Portable.

In menu 'File' -> 'Installation Options' can be checked "Show a cookies button in Internet Explorer toolbar".

:rolleyes:

Pentium4 3,00GHz - 2GB RAM - ATI Radeon X1950 PRO 256MB - 4xHDD = 1,36TB - XP Home SP3