Trend Micro Internet Security Pro - Compatible?

cdacarol

I was recommended to try CCleaner to clean up my registry. But before I download and install I was wondering if CCleaner is compatible with Trend Micro Internet Security Pro (TMISP)? I would appreciate any advice as TMISP left alot of things (remnants) in my registry of things I know aren't used anymore but I don't like messing with the registry.

Thank you,

Carol

• Moderators

Hi Carol, and welcome to the forum.

As far as I'm aware, there aren't any special removal tools for TMISP. I've just had a check on their website.

If you uninstalled it properly using add/remove or the programs own uninstaller, then anything CCleaner finds and removes belonging to it won't cause you any problems.

Of course CCleaner has a dialogue that asks you to back up the registry before doing it's thing, and it's important you do that just in case you have a problem with something else.

As long as you backup first, and you can choose where to save the backup, then you can merge the backup back into the registry. Not as complicated as it sounds, and there are plenty of people on here happy to advise.

If you find after scanning, that you have a lot of entries that leave you feeling unsure, you can always leave it there, and come back for further advice. You don't have to hold your breath and hit that "fix" button.

Also have a read of the CCleaner Guide first. There's a link in my signature.

Hope that helps.

• Moderators

Also there may be files leftover on the hard disk in at least one Application Data folder, and perhaps a Programs Files folder too where it was installed. Since it's uninstalled you can remove the leftover folders it created.

Thank you for the welcome.

I am sorry that I didn't make myself more clear. I purchased Trend Micro Internet Security Pro and needed to remove other anti- programs on my computer before it would let me install. Once I finally got it installed, I ran a virus scan and then did a system tune-up, which is suppose to include cleaning the registry of remnants and keys no longer valid, however, when I looked through my registry I noticed that there are some things there that haven't been on my computer for a long time and also some remnants of the programs I had to uninstall.

Since TMISP was so touchy on the installation, I was wondering if it would be (or is) compatible with CCleaner? I just don't want to cause any conflicts within my computer.

Thanks again for your time.

Carol

• Moderators
Since TMISP was so touchy on the installation, I was wondering if it would be (or is) compatible with CCleaner? I just don't want to cause any conflicts within my computer.

CCleaner should live alongside it in perfect harmony, as long as:

TMISP doesn't store any files in temporary directories which is known to cause a hiccup with some programs that do that when cleaning programs clean up.