Should be able to enable and disable custom folders

First, I would like to thank Piriform for this very useful software !

Then I wish the Piriform team and everyone here a happy new year !

Here is my suggestion.

I use the custom folders option. I added some folders that I would like to clean. But it appears that my settings are a little bit too agressive for an everday use. So I would be able to enable or disable a custom folder in the list, using a checkbox, to clean only what is useful. For now, the only solution is to remove a custom folder if I don't want to clean it. The annoyance is that if I want to include it again later, I have to re-enter the folder path.

What is your opinion ?

PS : don't know how to correct the name of the topic... ;)

You could download the "portable" build, and unzip it to several folders, and create separate short-cuts to each.

Then you run one instance of CCleaner and set mild cleansing, which is preserved within its CCleaner.ini (not the registry) when you close CCleaner.

Then run another instance and set aggressive cleansing.

Then instead of running always the same instance, you just run whichever flavour you need at the time.

When a new version of CCleaner is launched, I always unzip it into yet another folder, and copy the old CCleaner.INI to the new folder so it automatically has all my old settings.

Then with a dirty system that needs cleaning I use each, the old and the new, to ANALYSE only without cleaning.

If both the old and the new give different analysis results I will worry,

but that has not yet happened - perhaps I am not adventurous enough ! !

Regards

Alan