CCleaner 2.14 not compatible with McAfee 8.50i

akalalu

the latest version of CCleaner is finding 450+ registry errors after a fresh installation of McAfee antivirus (Vista HB, Dell Laptop).

if I fix the items, then McAfee cannot update itself (though the scanner works fine)

Restoring the 450+ registry items fixes the problem, and the McAfee updater functions again.

This leaves me unable to use CCleaner's reg cleaning abilities.

Any suggestions?

thanks - i've been using CCleaner for years now, daily!

You could try just cleaning one section of registry entries at a time, manually label what each backup pertains to (Missing shared dll's,ActiveX issues, uninstaller issues etc) and narrow it down a bit to find the offending entry, by attempting to update the McAfee after each clean. It's probably just one, or a small handful.

• Moderators

Hi in short many Antivirus and AntiMalware do not "correctly" report their registry entries as belonging to them. This is the stop malware writers from easily disabling your program, but it also stops CCleaner from identifying a reg entry as needed. As Tarq said it's probably just one or two. However Please read my Signature and you'll be doing yourself a big old favor.

:)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com