Change Location Path of CCleaner.ini

upfront

Good evening (or morning depending on where you are)!

I plan to install the thin version on multiple networked clients. But I have not been able to find how to change the location CCleaner looks for CCleaner.ini (to determine what to clean.)

I planned on placing one CCleaner.ini in a shared directory and telling the program on each client to look there. Then, if I choose to change WHAT is cleaned, I can simply change one file.

Thoughts?

thanks

Welcome to Piriform upfront.

I plan to install the thin version on multiple networked clients. But I have not been able to find how to change the location CCleaner looks for CCleaner.ini (to determine what to clean.)

I planned on placing one CCleaner.ini in a shared directory and telling the program on each client to look there. Then, if I choose to change WHAT is cleaned, I can simply change one file.

Thoughts?

Do I'm afraid you can't change the location of CCleaner.ini it ALWAYS has to be in the application folder. Just try it for an experiment. Start up CC and select Save all Settings to INI file in Options/Advanced.

Close CC and move or rename the ini file. Open up CC and there are no original settings there. Close CC and put the ini file back or un-rename and open CC again. All your settings have now been restored.

What it does is as soon as you click on use ini it deletes all settings from the registry and writes them to the ini file. On startup if it can't find the ini file it goes to the registry. If there is nothing in the registry then it starts with basic settings.

Providing CCleaner.ini is in the CCleaner.exe folder then there shouldn't be a problem. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best