Running Issue

Bleached

When I Run CCleaner(latest version) the window pops up and it shows everything then all of a sudden the window dissapears.. and it happens each time I try to run it.. :mellow:

Hello Bleached,

Welcome to the forums !!!

This is reported very infrequently. If you are knowledgeable enough then rename the CCleaner.exe program and try to run it. If that works then you may be infected with malware that prevents CCleaner from running.

Run some security scans. I normally advise users to reboot but in your case it may advisable to keep your PC up and running as it is until we are sure that the PC is not infected with malware.

Let us know as soon as you can.

:) davey

P.S. What security software do you have?

Is your anti-virus software possibly stopping CCleaner ?

Edited by davey

Hello Bleached,

Welcome to the forums !!!

This is reported very infrequently. If you are knowledgeable enough then rename the CCleaner.exe program and try to run it. If that works then you may be infected with malware that prevents CCleaner from running.

Run some security scans. I normally advise users to reboot but in your case it may advisable to keep your PC up and running as it is until we are sure that the PC is not infected with malware.

Let us know as soon as you can.

P.S. What security software do you have?

Is your anti-virus software possibly stopping CCleaner ?

WOW thanks Davey, I started playing around with renaming like you said and it worked =). :lol:

WOW thanks Davey, I started playing around with renaming like you said and it worked =). :lol:

OK, then that means that you may be infected.

Run your security scans and see what happens. The security logs can be used when reporting your problem.

P.S. If you find anything then you must use this link to "clean" any malware from your PC.

Do not run CCleaner after the scan because it may clean out your security scan logs. CCleaner is not a malware cleaning program. You will need Expert help from this link. I would not send any E-mails, etc until this is resolved. I understand that this makes you feel nervous and upset. You have every right to feel this way.

Let us know.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=17457

OK, then that means that you may be infected.

Run your security scans and see what happens. The security logs can be used when reporting your problem.

P.S. If you find anything then you must use this link to "clean" any malware from your PC.

Do not run CCleaner after the scan because it may clean out your security scan logs. CCleaner is not a malware cleaning program. You will need Expert help from this link. I would not send any E-mails, etc until this is resolved. I understand that this makes you feel nervous and upset. You have every right to feel this way.

Let us know.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=17457

<_< When I run it again so I could make sure it works again it gives me a message-

"Runtime Error"

"Program: C:/Program Files/CCleaner/CCleanerv2.14.exe"

R6002

"- floating point support not loaded"

PS: I might be the malware because I'm pretty sure the CCleaner cleared my cache etc..

<_< When I run it again so I could make sure it works again it gives me a message-

"Runtime Error"

"Program: C:/Program Files/CCleaner/CCleanerv2.14.exe"

R6002

"- floating point support not loaded"

PS: I might be the malware because I'm pretty sure the CCleaner cleared my cache etc..

Hmm, this may not be malware at all but I would run a scan just the same.

I don't want to tell you to reboot until you run a scan. If nothing shows up then I would reboot and try CCleaner with its normal name restored to CCleaner.exe . I am presuming now that this is the first time that you have used CCleaner version 2.

What OS, version and edition are you using ?

Hmm, this may not be malware at all but I would run a scan just the same.

I don't want to tell you to reboot until you run a scan. If nothing shows up then I would reboot and try CCleaner with its normal name restored to CCleaner.exe . I am presuming now that this is the first time that you have used CCleaner version 2.

What OS, version and edition are you using ?

I'm using Windows XP home edition o.o basically the regular one..

I'm using Windows XP home edition o.o basically the regular one..

Are you running a scan ?

I can recommend one if you don't have one.

P.S. The program is free. Get the free version for now.

Just press download and ignore everything but selecting the MBAM download site. Don't mess with any free scans or such offered at the download sites if any. I personally used the Download.com site. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Once installed select Update tab and update the program.

Then select the Scan tab and do a quick scan. It only takes 10 mins to do a quick scan.

Edited by davey

This sound like nasty malware infection that could involve serious measures:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=742173

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user