Registry

The Don

When I use CCleaner registry to clean it works fine. However I find that it does not detect all invalid registry entries.

When I use a usb flash drive with it's portableapps.com program on it. The portable apps.exe is not detected but it is detected with Windows Live One Care registry.

NOTE: In Windows One Live Care registry: this is found in the User Software.

Also when I convert videos or audios on my computer CCleaner again does not find entries of videos and audios extension not used no more and Windows Live One Care registry does.

NOTE: In Windows One Live Care registry: this is found in the file types.

Shouldn't CCleaner detect these in the Obsolete software and Unuesed file extensions?

When I use CCleaner registry to clean it works fine. However I find that it does not detect all invalid registry entries.

When I use a usb flash drive with it's portableapps.com program on it. The portable apps.exe is not detected but it is detected with Windows Live One Care registry.

Shouldn't CCleaner detect these in the Obsolete software and Unuesed file extensions?

1. portableapps.com is expressly designed to be portable. It should NOT leave any trace in the registry. After I run a portable application the only evidence I find in the registry is where its activity was considered suspicious by my Comodo malware protection, and I told Comodo it was O.K. and to remember its was O.K.

2. If a Flash Drive had a program (portable or otherwise), and that program was no longer present, would you really want CCleaner to remove the invalid registry entries ?

NB If you run out of USB ports, or for any other reason the Flash Drive is not present, then its programs will also not be present.

If CCleaner removes the consequently "invalid registry entries" it might inconvenience the use of those programs when the Flash Drive is plugged back in.

Regards

Alan