MTP Driver ..

tomcatonnet99

the mp3 player works on my winxp home and won't on another ... its detected correctly but doesn't install for MTP driver that it searches for...?

has any1 had similar issues with mp3 players / USB plugnplay? where can I get the MTP kit from? I looked up microsoft but they have a SDK for winmedia and that doesn't do it!

• Moderators

This might do the trick Tom:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

However, I'm led to believe that this problem rears it's head if you don't have the latest Windows Media Player installed, ie Version 11.

I've had a similar Sony MP3/4 player, and have never had that problem. I've Windows Media Player 11 installed.

Hope this helps.

Hi Dennis,

Yep they all recommend wmp11 be installed but I simply detest the way wmp11 works ! its been a while since I last installed it and for some reasons it was a pain and I had done away with it .... but makes me wonder why the mtp drivers would be a part of wmp11 ( if thats the case ) its something USB related and I wouldn't be using the sync function anyway... I always use copy paste in My Music :)

thanks for your help as always ! =)

This might do the trick Tom:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

However, I'm led to believe that this problem rears it's head if you don't have the latest Windows Media Player installed, ie Version 11.

I've had a similar Sony MP3/4 player, and have never had that problem. I've Windows Media Player 11 installed.

Hope this helps.