Not Defraging Properly!

CCluvler

Hey Everyone!

So, I just got defraggler about a week ago and worked perfectly on my external (F:\) and partitoned drive (D:\) but when I used it on my main drive with vista on (C:\) it only defragged some of the files and left some major ones fragmented! I checked the ledgend and saw those files were not unmovable so i tried again, yet it said "no files were defragmented."

Does anyone know why this 9.2GB of files wont defrag?

I checked the ledgend and saw those files were not unmovable so i tried again, yet it said "no files were defragmented."

How can you tell? Defraggler doesn't mark unmovable files as such. The hibernation file, metadata, system files are just shown as "normal" files and are simply left out of defragmentation.

I also would appreciate to have them marked as "unmovable".

I have exactly the same problem.

I tried at a Windows XP computer, and the problem does not appear. It is only for Win Vista.

I guess I've got a short cut to get over this: copy the exe defraggler file to a pen drive and start the defraggler from the pen drive instead of from the HD. I noticed that if you do so all files will be defragmented.

Good luck

How can you tell? Defraggler doesn't mark unmovable files as such. The hibernation file, metadata, system files are just shown as "normal" files and are simply left out of defragmentation.

I also would appreciate to have them marked as "unmovable".

I have checked the fragmented file list and i didnt see the "hibernation file" or any "metadata", but thanks for trying. :)

The "hibernation file" is only on the hard drive if you enable Hibernation in Power Settings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernate_(OS_feature)

The "metadata" files are not visible because they are part of the files Properties:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metadata

Google is your friend.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user