Registry Error Created

slickg3

Hello,

I recently ran the Registry Cleaner on CC Cleaner as I do on regular basis to keep my computer clean of files I don't need. Unfortunately this most recent time has created some type of error. I ran the cleaner and it brought up one type of registry error, I did not create a back up because it stated it was related to some type of uninstallation, which I had done several of recently. Afterwards I went to get on Internet Explorer and it could not find any webpages, bringing up the web page stating that website could not be connected to. I then tried aol which also displayed an error and could not even get pass locating the AOL VIA/TIP connection. AOL then pops up with a little box stating ERROR ee://connectivity/connectivity ERROR 72

What did I delete?

How can I fix my interent?

Please HELP!! :(

• Moderators

What software are you using for firewall and Antivirus/MalWare?

it could be a reg entry for one of them (this'll teach you to not make a backup ;) )

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

i use Mcafee but it seems to be working correctly except for prior to this error the computer protection would keep turning itself off and I would have to turn it back on constantly; this happened all of the sudden which is part of the reason I ran the registry cleaner

after talking with comcast who m high speed is through they said that my modem was not connecting....should I reintsall the modem software? or has this deletion done something else? they recommended I get a new modem from them, but I don't think this is necessary as it has to be this registry deletion because I remember connectivity or connection being in the file name