FileKey7=%windir%\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft|*.AVG

FileKey8=%windir%\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data|*.AVG

FileKey9=%windir%\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\upd7bin|*.*

FileKey10=%windir%\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\avg7upd|$history

FileKey11=%windir%\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\avg7upd|*.log

FileKey12=%windir%\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data|*.log

FileKey13=%windir%\Application Data\AVG7\Log|*.log

then I ran CCleaner with Ad-aware selected and have:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\ad-aware01.dat

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\core.aawdef

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\history.aaw

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\ignore.aaw

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\news.dat

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\PubKey.key

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\settings.aaw

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Settings.ini

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\ThreatWork.lst

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\logs\aawlog.xsl

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\logs\Ad-Aware 20081008 11-15-36.log.xml

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\logs\Ad-Aware event.log

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\logs\Update.log

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\update\backup\aawservice.exe.old

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\update\backup\Ad-Aware.exe.old

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\update\backup\CEAPI.dll.old

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\update\backup\Help\Ad-Awaremanual-EN.chm.old

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\update\backup\Lang\EN.lslang.old

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\update\new\aawservice.exe.new

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\update\new\Ad-Aware.exe.new

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\update\new\CEAPI.dll.new

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\update\new\Help\Ad-Awaremanual-EN.chm.new

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\update\new\Lang\EN.lslang.new

what about the files there? seems that some are not needed?

Depends. Do you use Ad-Aware? Im not sure what your wanting to achieve. I see you posted entries for thumb file(s), AOL and AVG.

Also I noticed with your thumb entry that your using the recurse flag. If you dont want thumb.db files generated you can disable the option in Windows Explorer. Tools, Folder Options, View tab. Check mark the item "Do not cache thumbnails". Apply and Ok.

See this page for instructions and post cleanup:

http://cybernetnews.com/2006/11/09/cyberno...b-in-windows-xp

If you choose to keep the entry in the ini file, you might want to rem out the detect line. Thats basically saying only scan and remove these files if one exists in "C:\Dell".

So if a [???] entry doesn't havre a Detect or Detectfile line then it will run each time the user runs the cleaner?

I do use AVG 7.x and after doing a serch on the forum I am not sure if I have the correct one. there was so many posts that matched AVG* so I'd like to see if someone can let me know.

And I didn't know if the \update\* files listed in Ad-aware were needed? Or what does the Ad-aware entry look like that is in every embedded set of INI files?