CC Registry Repair feature - Help?

SteveG1

Does anyone out there have any experience using the CC Registry Repair function and if so, would you be willing to share the Pro's and Con's? I've been using CC to clean my browser history for some time but have never had the courage to use the Registry Cleaner/Repair feature. I now have a problem with my MSN Premium e-mail SW, it freezes up IE when I try to log on, that I've told is being caused due to a problem with my registry. Thanks!

Create a System Restore point just to be doubly safe. When you use CCleaners' Registry cleaner app and you hit "Clean" it asks if you want to back-up your files. Choose yes and save them in your My Documents folder or wherever. If there's a problem afterwards, click on that file you saved and it will restore all your removed registry items.

Make it a point to take a look at every item before you delete the whole bunch. If you see something that looks like you might need it or if it's for an app you have, you can 'uncheck' it and it won't be deleted with the rest.