Hot fix uninstallers

emm

Hot fix uninstallers removes Windows updates from Windows Updates from Windows/$UninstallKB$. What exactly is that? Is it safe to remove this updates? It is in the Advance section of the Windows /Applications menu

Hot fix uninstallers removes Windows updates from Windows Updates from Windows/$UninstallKB$. What exactly is that? Is it safe to remove this updates? It is in the Advance section of the Windows /Applications menu

Hello again emm,

Good to see you.

See this link for an answer.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=100704

:) davey

P.S. So as you can see, the Hot Fix remains installed. The uninstaller for the Hot Fix is removed.

You do not have to do this every month. You can wait several months before doing this.

Just be sure to turn the option off right after you use it. If you ticked the option TONIGHT and forgot to turn it off then the Hot Fix Uninstallers for the fixes coming out tomorrow "PATCH Tuesday" would be removed the next time that you run CCleaner. You want to wait awhile to be sure that the fixes are working correctly before you remove the Uninstaller programs.

Hello again emm,

Good to see you.

See this link for an answer.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=100704

P.S. So as you can see, the Hot Fix remains installed. The uninstaller for the Hot Fix is removed.

You do not have to do this every month. You can wait several months before doing this.

Just be sure to turn the option off right after you use it. If you ticked the option TONIGHT and forgot to turn it off then the Hot Fix Uninstallers for the fixes coming out tomorrow "PATCH Tuesday" would be removed the next time that you run CCleaner. You want to wait awhile to be sure that the fixes are working correctly before you remove the Uninstaller programs.

------

I see. The uninstaller for the hot fix is removed, but the hot fix remains installed. But what is a hot fix? If I remove the uninstaller for it, is it still possible to remove the "hot fix" if it were necessary at a future time.

------

I see. The uninstaller for the hot fix is removed, but the hot fix remains installed. But what is a hot fix? If I remove the uninstaller for it, is it still possible to remove the "hot fix" if it were necessary at a future time.

Hi emm,

Hot Fix ? Sounds ominous doesn't it.

These fixes are normally just updates nowadays. They normally come out once a month on the second Tuesday of the month. Affectionately called "Patch Tuesday".

You never have to delete the Uninstaller for a Hot Fix. Many people do and many save them all.

You can normally figure that a fix that has been in effect for a couple of months is not going to be Unistalled.

It may be corrected with a later fix. Some people will wait 2 -3 weeks and then get rid of the uninstaller for the Hot Fix.

If you need the disk space then you can recover the space.

It is up to you if you want to keep the Uninstaller or not.

Once the Uninstaller is gone, the fix can't be reversed.

Hi emm,

Hot Fix ? Sounds ominous doesn't it.

These fixes are normally just updates nowadays. They normally come out once a month on the second Tuesday of the month. Affectionately called "Patch Tuesday".

You never have to delete the Uninstaller for a Hot Fix. Many people do and many save them all.

You can normally figure that a fix that has been in effect for a couple of months is not going to be Unistalled.

It may be corrected with a later fix. Some people will wait 2 -3 weeks and then get rid of the uninstaller for the Hot Fix.

If you need the disk space then you can recover the space.

It is up to you if you want to keep the Uninstaller or not.

Once the Uninstaller is gone, the fix can't be reversed.

OK, I am still cofused. Where does the hot fix come from. Who sends them t your computer, and where do they get stored. Under what name they they get stored. I just want to be able to look at them and decide if is something that I want to keep for good, or something that I might want to uninstall at some point, therefore would need to keep the uninstaller for it.

Thanks

OK, I am still cofused. Where does the hot fix come from. Who sends them t your computer, and where do they get stored. Under what name they they get stored. I just want to be able to look at them and decide if is something that I want to keep for good, or something that I might want to uninstall at some point, therefore would need to keep the uninstaller for it.

Thanks

You can learn more about Hot Fixes here and the links therein. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_fix

Are you currently getting Automatic Updates from Microsoft from the following link ?

http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...t.aspx?ln=en-us

Most updates from Microsoft that actually fix known "software" problems will have an Uninstaller. If the fix does not work correctly than you can use the Uninstaller to reverse the fix and set things back as they were before the fix. I have been using Microsoft Updates now for approx. 15 months now and I have never had reason to remove a Fix.

For now I would say to you, just leave the Uninstallers alone until you learn more.

You can learn more about Hot Fixes here and the links therein. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_fix

Are you currently getting Automatic Updates from Microsoft from the following link ?

http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...t.aspx?ln=en-us

Most updates from Microsoft that actually fix known "software" problems will have an Uninstaller. If the fix does not work correctly than you can use the Uninstaller to reverse the fix and set things back as they were before the fix. I have been using Microsoft Updates now for approx. 15 months now and I have never had reason to remove a Fix.

For now I would say to you, just leave the Uninstallers alone until you learn more.

Thanks Davie, I will check those links you sent me. For now I will leave those fixes alone.