Shortcut removed from desktop

rburrhead

After this last update CCC removes a Notebook shortcut and ALL files it was related to (There gone) from my PC. I went back 1 day with SYS. Restor. and tried again and it was removed again. no other shortcuts were bothered. I made a copy from my EX. Hard drive and tried again but I get a message that the program that the shortcut points to does not exist and i should delete the shortcut????

I never had this problem with the older VER.

Operating System System Model Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Processor a Main Circuit Board b 2.65 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4

8 kilobyte primary memory cache

512 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: SiS-650GX

Bus Clock: 133 megahertz

BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 05/23/2003 Drives Memory Modules c: (FAT32 on drive 0) 117.91 GB 91.14 GB free

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4040B [CD-ROM drive]

JLMS XJ-HD166S [CD-ROM drive]

WDC WD1200BB-00CJA1 [Hard drive] (120.03 GB) --

SiS 7002 USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller C-Media AC97 Audio Device

CxACap, WDM Audio Capture

CxTuner, Philips WDM TvTuner

CxVCap, WDM Video Capture

CxXBar, WDM Crossbar

Unimodem Full-Duplex Audio Device

Windows Media Player 10

SiS 650/651/740/661FX/741/760 series [Display adapter HSP56 MR [Modem Lexmark X1100 Series Printer

HID Keyboard Device

AVG 7.5.516 Version 269.20.2/1270

Lavasoft Ad-Aware version 7.0.2.6 SpyBot-S&D Version 1, 4, 0, 3 *

ZoneAlarm Client Version 7.0.408.000 *

Any help appreicated

rburrhead <!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

...but I get a message that the program that the shortcut points to does not exist and i should delete the shortcut...

Thats why CC removed the shortcut. In the cleaner section of CC is the Windows>System>Desktop shortcuts checked? You can uncheck it and CC wont remove shortcuts from your desktop.

After this last update CCC removes a Notebook shortcut and ALL files it was related to (There gone) from my PC. I went back 1 day with SYS. Restor. and tried again and it was removed again. no other shortcuts were bothered. I made a copy from my EX. Hard drive and tried again but I get a message that the program that the shortcut points to does not exist and i should delete the shortcut????

I never had this problem with the older VER.

Hello rburrhead,

Welcome to the forums. :)

I am not sure what is going on with your Notebook program.

CCleaner will remove the Shortcut if you have the option ticked at Cleaner > Windows tab > System list >

Start Menu Shortcuts Or Desktop Shortcuts . It will remove the shortcut only if the shortcut points to a program that no longer exists. That is all that should be removed and only if the program is missing.

Untick both those shortcut cleaning options and let us know what happens.

:) davey

Hello rburrhead,

Welcome to the forums. :)

I am not sure what is going on with your Notebook program.

CCleaner will remove the Shortcut if you have the option ticked at Cleaner > Windows tab > System list >

Start Menu Shortcuts Or Desktop Shortcuts . It will remove the shortcut only if the shortcut points to a program that no longer exists. That is all that should be removed and only if the program is missing.

Untick both those shortcut cleaning options and let us know what happens.

:) davey

Thanks for answering my post.

The Program still is there in Notebook? I copied it to Wordpad and it seems to be working. However I did uncheck Desktop shortcuts (Again) I guess it came back when I used SYS. Restore?

I never have unchecked start menu before but i will do that to.

Thanks again

rburrhead <!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->