Is there a file of deleted files kept by CCleaner?

rgb

I would have thought there was a file created by CCleaner of deleted items, optional or not. I searched the FAQ and Forum and user guides but surprisingly could not find anything.

I specifically now want to find if CCleaner deleted IOLO_SRV, a required file for System Mechanic to operate the System Guard Alerter. This program was working well but now I get missing file error messages if I try to start it.

I know that there is disagreement as to whether System Guard Alerter is a good program, but for me it worked fine.

I dont use System Mechanic, but from what info I could find on it IOLO_SRV is an executable? Looking over even the extended winap ini file (on the forum) there are no entries for Sys Mech or that file. So I would have say no. CC didnt remove it.

I also dont know of an option to save a list of deleted files. Prior to cleaning (after performing the analysis) you can right click in the window and save the list of files to be removed as a text file. Otherwise, CC dosent store a list.

I dont use System Mechanic, but from what info I could find on it IOLO_SRV is an executable? Looking over even the extended winap ini file (on the forum) there are no entries for Sys Mech or that file. So I would have say no. CC didnt remove it.

I also dont know of an option to save a list of deleted files. Prior to cleaning (after performing the analysis) you can right click in the window and save the list of files to be removed as a text file. Otherwise, CC dosent store a list.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes IOLO_SRV is an exe file.

If CCleaner did not delete it, can you suggest how it got removed from my system? (XP Home SP3.)

Where is the text file saved by CCleaner?

Thank you for your reply.

Yes IOLO_SRV is an exe file.

If CCleaner did not delete it, can you suggest how it got removed from my system? (XP Home SP3.)

Where is the text file saved by CCleaner?

The text file is put wherever you want it.

Do you know where the IOLO_SRV file was kept?

Files stored in certain TEMP folders will be also cleaned by CCleaner. If the program was there than it probably gone.

This problem occurs for some IOLO users and reported in the past. You need to find out from other IOLO users where possibly a KEY maybe kept.

I "suspect" that it may be in the Macromedia/Adobe Reader files. I am not sure.

The IOLO program "may" delete some files if it can't find the Key or whatever when you try to run it. I hear that their user support is not very good but who knows you may have better luck than others.

You must not have Macromedia/Adobe Reader checked or all such similar files are deleted.

This includes some users login information to very popular sites such as Yahoo, Google, YouTube etc.

The text file is not automatically saved. The user must request it each time.

Good luck,

:) davey

P.S. Later thoughts are that the information may have been hidden in the Registry.

If you used The Registry Issues function then you might try restoring the Registry changes.

Edited by davey