Is there a free version of "Malwarebytes Antimalware"?

razz

When I went to download.com to download it, it states "Free to try; $24.95 to buy". Is there a totally free version?

Also, do you recommend it?

Thanks for your time!

The paid for version has resident protection and automatic updates.

I recommend it but check for updates before running a quick scan because updates are sometimes frequent as the malware purveyors multiply like cockroaches in a Bronx New York tenement apartment.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

When I went to download.com to download it, it states "Free to try; $24.95 to buy". Is there a totally free version?

Also, do you recommend it?

Thanks for your time!

Like the other members I can't say more than enough good things about "Malwarebytes".

It is free for scanning purposes and Quarantine and/or Removal of what it finds.

I actually update (fresh copy everyday) and "Quick scan" everyday. Takes 7 - 8 minutes total update and scan.

I also suggest frequent visiting of their forum or joining as I have.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=30

Download free just click on Download link(right in the middle of your screen)

:) davey

also suggest frequent visiting of their forum or joining as I have.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=30

I visit there every day and check out the Newest Rogue Threats to insure that McAfee SiteAdvisor and Web of Trust ( WoT ) are updated so that the information of these rapidly proliferating rogues is well known.

I believe Steven Burn of hpHosts fame ( MysteryFCM ) also visits there to get information for entries into his HOSTS file.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Thank you all for your comments. I will download the free version now.

Razz,

Please pass all the knowledge and information on to those you can.

No, not everybody has to be an expert about Malware or the latest bug etc.

They need to know such threats exist and how prolific they are. They need good Internet "surfing" practices.

They need to know how easy it is to protect themselves and their loved from ones from such threats.

The Internet is a new environment on this planet. There is a battle going on against criminals just like all other environments. Most people are educated as they grow-up how to protect themselves, what to look for and beware of.

The same educational process is going on here. The criminals are taking advantage of this new environment as much as they can.

To all reading this. Protect yourself and others. Pass it on.

Thanks,

:) davey

P.S. I almost forgot until YoKenny's following post reminded me. HAVE SOME FUN TOO ! that's an order. :P

Edited by davey

To all reading this. Protect yourself and others. Pass it on.

Don't Take Candy From Strangers plus other sage advice from children:

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Farm/7478/sage-adv.htm

IE7Pro user