CCleaner

Tim1.h

Being new to CCleaner, i am wary of running this application. I used the annalyzed button, and the programs for deleting showed some personal files, eg pictures, music etc. Once i press "run cleaner" a warning box appears saying these files will be perminatly deleted, does this mean my pictures and stuff will be lost?

Being new to CCleaner, i am wary of running this application. I used the annalyzed button, and the programs for deleting showed some personal files, eg pictures, music etc. Once i press "run cleaner" a warning box appears saying these files will be perminatly deleted, does this mean my pictures and stuff will be lost?

Hi Tim,

Welcome to the forum :D

You bet it means that it will delete what it shows.

I am glad that you pay attention to what is being reported.

These files that you talk about. Can you show us a copy of the listing.

I have a feeling that these files are either in temporary folders and should be moved or are being stored in the wrong folders.

However don't run the Cleaner until we get an idea of what files we are talking about here.

It may be just a misunderstanding but better safe than sorry. As you have proved that you are well aware of.

Fill us in.

:) davey

http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com/

CCleaner Beginner's Guide.com Bookmark and save to Favorites

P.S. You can right click on the Analysis listing and save it as a .txt file. You can edit out what is personal or extraneous and show us the rest or cut and paste snippets to give us an idea.

Edited by davey