More Questions on Registry Repair

Hannum K

Like others here I am a novice to using CCleaner. It so far has helped a great deal in locating those keys I know are defunct and in finding all of those cache files. However, I have a question regarding unused file extensions.

I run 2 applications that are somewhat non standard one is a text editor (Boxer) that I use for writing code and the other is a telnet client used for gaming (Zmud). The file types are associated with Boxer and ZMud, but every time I run CCleaner they appear in the issues list. Now, I know to uncheck them and go on my merry way, but the machine is shared and I have visions of the other users just accepting defaults. How can I get CCleaner to recognize these non standard extensions as valid?

System is Vista Home premium

• Moderators

Under options, Exclude you can put registry entries. You, UNlike most posters here, seem to know what your doing. I would suggest though, if you are REALLY worried about them being 1d10ts to go ahead and change the permissions on the keys you want saved.

THANK YOU FOR BEING ONE OF THE FIRST QUESTIONERS I DIDN'T HAVE TO TELL TO READ MY SIGNATURE!!!!! :)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com