SW fragments remain with standad uninstall

smithcook

I installed a Canon driver before I owned CCleaner. I recently installed an update Canon driver that CC monitored. Now CC only uninstalls the new driver. Is it possible to request a complete detailed uninstall in this situation?

Hello smithcook,

Welcome :P

You have me a little puzzled. What do you mean when you say "I recently installed an update Canon driver that CC monitored." ?

CCleaner does not monitor any applications software as regards uninstalling.

CCleaner only uses the un-installer program that is provided by the software manufacturer.

I may be misunderstanding you completely. I am not sure.

Good luck,

:) davey

http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com/

CCleaner Beginner's Guide.com Bookmark and save to Favorites

Hello smithcook,

Welcome :P

You have me a little puzzled. What do you mean when you say "I recently installed an update Canon driver that CC monitored." ?

CCleaner does not monitor any applications software as regards uninstalling.

CCleaner only uses the un-installer program that is provided by the software manufacturer.

I may be misunderstanding you completely. I am not sure.

Good luck,

If I uninstall a pgm. using CCleaner it will either give me options on (1) the uninstall throughness desired or (2) simple do the uninstall. It uses option 1 for "old" program, those install before I owned CCleaner. The problem I am encountering is I negected to uninstall the "old" canon Pgms. before I installed the new ones. The result was that the Canon prgs did not work, since old stuff interfered and CCleaner will only uninstall the new canon pgms.

I hope this clarifies my issue.

Richard

If I uninstall a pgm. using CCleaner it will either give me options on (1) the uninstall throughness desired or (2) simple do the uninstall. It uses option 1 for "old" program, those install before I owned CCleaner. The problem I am encountering is I negected to uninstall the "old" canon Pgms. before I installed the new ones. The result was that the Canon prgs did not work, since old stuff interfered and CCleaner will only uninstall the new canon pgms.

I hope this clarifies my issue.

Richard

It explains it a bit better but you refer to "uninstall thoroughness". This sounds more like an option in another Software product that offers different levels of uninstall cleaning. CCleaner has no such options.

CCleaner Tools > Uninstall is just a quicker way to list your software and Uninstall it using the software provided by the software manufacturer.

My best advice would be to check the manufactures website to see if there are any special Uninstall procedures. If not then Uninstall the new software and reinstall the prior version software. Then properly uninstall that older version . Then reinstall the new software.

Good luck,