Deletion of "recent files" by CCleaner

MBiko

I like CCleaner very much but there is one problem that I am unable to fix: Despite i have tried all settings, CCleaner always deletes the list of my recently used files. It makes working with office programmes time consuming.

The directory concerned is: c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Recent

Running CCleaner empties all items in this directory.

Do you have any hint to me or may I hope for an updated release of CCleaner containing the option "don?t delete the list of recently used files"?

Thanks in advance, yours,

Michael

(Germany)

I like CCleaner very much but there is one problem that I am unable to fix: Despite i have tried all settings, CCleaner always deletes the list of my recently used files. It makes working with office programmes time consuming.

The directory concerned is: c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Recent

Running CCleaner empties all items in this directory.

Do you have any hint to me or may I hope for an updated release of CCleaner containing the option "don?t delete the list of recently used files"?

Thanks in advance, yours,

Michael

(Germany)

Hello Michael,

That folder can be saved by unticking the option at Cleaner > Windows tab > Windows Explorer list > Recent Documents, if this is really what is causing your concern. This folder contains shortcuts which point to the actual documents.

I am thinking that you might be referring to the Recent files within each Office product. These documents may be the ones that are being pointed to by the Recent shortcuts.

For right now you can untick those cleaning options at Cleaner > Applications tab > Applications list > (Office Product name).

You can then find out which exact files by looking at the winapp.ini file and winapp2.ini file (if you use it).

Best Regards,

:) davey (Maryland,USA)

P.S. I don't personally use any Office products so I can't say exactly which changes you may need to make in the "winapp.ini file". This file is 1 of three files that are embedded inside the CCleaner program. However, you can make another file called winapp1.ini and put it inside the CCleaner folder.

The changes that you put into this file will override what is specified within the CCleaner program.

I hope this helps explain that a solution for you is close at hand.

Edited by davey

Davey,

of course, your hint works very well. Sorry, I have missed that single option to uncheck.

Thanks for your effort! For compensation you may check my website for pictures of the everest-area, taken in March 08.

Best Michael

www.michaelmzwick.de

Davey,

of course, your hint works very well. Sorry, I have missed that single option to uncheck.

Thanks for your effort! For compensation you may check my website for pictures of the everest-area, taken in March 08.

Best Michael

www.michaelmzwick.de

I will check out your pictures.

Have a good case of German "Root Beer" on hand for me, the next first time I visit Germany. :P Or maybe I might run into you going up Everest someday. :lol:

Stay in touch,

:) davey

Davey,

Best Michael

www.michaelmzwick.de

Shame on me. Sitting here thinking about a good "Root Beer".

I forgot the most important thing for you.

:) davey

http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com/

CCleaner Beginner's Guide.com Bookmark and save to Favorites

Beginners advice

Start here with this link and follow its advice.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=105208

Also see this link about the Registry and newbies.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...ost&p=96510

Come back and let us know how you did and what else we can help you with. There are lots of easy things to learn. One step at time.