Update download showed virus

TommyWho

Hi, i am running CA Anti-Virus on my computer and it picked up a virus in one of the CCleaner files. It found the virus in the ccsetup209.exe file and the CCleaner\uninst.exe file. The name of the virus that it picked up was Win32/FakeAv.CX. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or if i had a virus through another program that was attacking CCleaner. By the name of the virus, my guess is that i got it from a file downloaded through winrar, but I am not sure. I figured I would report it just in case it was a problem with CCleaner. Please let me know any information on it. Thank You.

Hi, i am running CA Anti-Virus on my computer and it picked up a virus in one of the CCleaner files. It found the virus in the ccsetup209.exe file and the CCleaner\uninst.exe file. The name of the virus that it picked up was Win32/FakeAv.CX. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or if i had a virus through another program that was attacking CCleaner. By the name of the virus, my guess is that i got it from a file downloaded through winrar, but I am not sure. I figured I would report it just in case it was a problem with CCleaner. Please let me know any information on it. Thank You.

Thanks for the report,Tommy.

It has been reported several times today.

False positive hits on many versions of CCleaner and Defraggler as well.

CA is working on it.

Best wishes,

:) davey