SP3

AliceZ

I just installed SP3 on my computer and when I ran CCleaner I noticed a lot of items in the Registry.

Can all of those "exceptions" be deleted?

Has anyone else installed SP3 and saw the same thing and DID remove the Registry "exceptions?"

Please advise and thank you.

Alice

I just installed SP3 on my computer and when I ran CCleaner I noticed a lot of items in the Registry.

Can all of those "exceptions" be deleted?

Has anyone else installed SP3 and saw the same thing and DID remove the Registry "exceptions?"

Please advise and thank you.

Alice

HELLO ALICE,

How are you ?

Yes, you will see a lot of entries. Make sure option at Options > Advanced > Show prompt to backup registry changes is on.

Reply "Yes" to backup always.

Good luck,

:) davey

Yes AliceZ I did see the many registry items in Registry scan on both my XP Home and my Pro systems and I chose to have them deleted.

The systems have been running without the removed registry items ever since SP3 came available through Windows Update without problems.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Yes AliceZ I did see the many registry items in Registry scan on both my XP Home and my Pro systems and I chose to have them deleted.

Did you see the many registry items after the Registry Scan (with the new CCleaner 210) AFTER you installed the SP3?

I looked at my desktop and my notebook and both of them show the same 21 Registry items after the Registry Scan with the NEW CCleaner 210 - after installing the SP3 on desktop and notebook.

Do you remember if had about 21 items and if they were the same as mine?

ccleaner73008do7.th.jpg

Do you remember if had about 21 items and if they were the same as mine?
There were about 21 entries but I don't remember exactly what they were and as they are gone now and my systems are working fine I am not going to worry about it.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user