Need capability to remove and enable/disable app services

mikesw

Hi,

Can you add the ability to clean out unwanted "services" from Microsoft windows 2k,xp,vista etc using CCleaner? Alot of times if one uninstalls software programs, they don't uninstall the service they started. A good example of this is Nero (for CD/DVD's) since the windows services they install aren't removed. I'm not talking about Services that MSoft installs but only those applications that have their own.

One might even want to just enable/disable them without installing similar to the windows startup programs that CCleaner can now manage.

Thanks.

Hi,

Can you add the ability to clean out unwanted "services" from Microsoft windows 2k,xp,vista etc using CCleaner? Alot of times if one uninstalls software programs, they don't uninstall the service they started. A good example of this is Nero (for CD/DVD's) since the windows services they install aren't removed. I'm not talking about Services that MSoft installs but only those applications that have their own.

One might even want to just enable/disable them without installing similar to the windows startup programs that CCleaner can now manage.

Thanks.

Hi Mike,

Why not just use Windows "Services" Program to enable/disable these services ? run services.msc

You can also use CCleaner Tools > Startup to enable/disable or delete startup entries completely.

You forgot to tell us what OS ver. etc that you are using.

Best wishes,

:) davey

http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com/

CCleaner Beginner's Guide.com Bookmark and save to Favorites

Hi Mike,

Why not just use Windows "Services" Program to enable/disable these services ? run services.msc

You can also use CCleaner Tools > Startup to enable/disable or delete startup entries completely.

You forgot to tell us what OS ver. etc that you are using.

Best wishes,

:) davey

http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com/

CCleaner Beginner's Guide.com Bookmark and save to Favorites

Im using windows 2k pro sp4 and I have xp sp3 too.

I know about ccleaners startup window to enable/disable programs. I could use msconfig too, but CCleaner

is more convenient since it's a one-stop tool.

Now that startup has been added to CCleaner, I'd like the capability to control services. Yes I know

about services.msc, but then I'd like only one tool to get to them to enable/disable them.

Moreover, MSoft windows and the services.msc don't give the capability to delete services. I need to do this

easily for those leftover services from various s/w products that don't remove their own stuff when I uninstall

the s/w. I must always research the command line program that lists the services and the command to delete

them which always takes time. Moreover, HiJackThis allows one to delete a service on the next reboot, but

one should be able to delete a service knowing that it will not restart itself like a virus service would. It'd be

nice to have CCleaner also do deletes on reboot too!!!! Moreover, HiJackThis doesn't provide a window that

lists services, so I must go into Windows and get the service name and then switch back to HiJackThis to

delete it. It'd be nice for CCleaner to get the list and display the service names to be so I can check the

ones I want to delete or delete on reboot.

:P