Uninstall 'QuickTime'

Laurence

Regretably, I installed QuickTime in order to use a German language learning package. I am an artist and use a lot of photoraphs in my work and now all my photo's appear in a 'Picture Viewer' format. I have uninstalled every bit of QuickTime I can find but I am stuck with all photos, including new ones in this format, It seems to have taken control, can anyone please help? Laurence.

Welcome Laurence.

What application do you want the pictures to display in?

Does the application have a Tools or Options menu where you can associate the file extension to its display?

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Thanks for interest YoKenny. I confess I'm not an advanced computer user but previously I was able to access pictures from a camera or internet as jpeg files and could file them or transfer to photoshop via eps files etc. to manipulate and print them. Now they appear in 'Picture viewer' frames as details which have to be reduced to see the whole picture. I just want to get back to where I was and get rid of the picture viewer frames. There are no 'Tools' facility with them. Laurence.

I use IrfanView to display pictures and it has the Option to set file extensions for display:

http://www.irfanview.net

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Try right clicking on the file select "open with" click "choose program",

Either highlight or 'browse' for the application you want to open the files in/with,

Place a tick in the "always use the selected application to open this kind of file" box.

Click ok, make sure the file opens ok and your all set.

If "open with" is not in the list try shift or ctrl + right click.

or try re-instilling the program you want to use and it should take back the ownership of the file type.

fireryone

I've sent two replies thanking you for your advice -which worked. Informed by Hazelnut that you may not have seen them. My new problem seems now dealing with the functions of this site! Best regards, Laurence

I've sent two replies thanking you for your advice -which worked. Informed by Hazelnut that you may not have seen them. My new problem seems now dealing with the functions of this site! Best regards, Laurence

Glad I could be of service :lol:

Unfortunately I can't find your reply anywhere, no worries.

fireryone