Recovered images from 64MB Smart Media fails

xzone9

After recovering files stated as "Excellent" status and undamaged, the JPG files are errored as "truncated" in Photoshop. No other programs will open the files as well.

Upon opening the recovered files in Wordpad, even though the file size itself displayed resembles the correct image file size, the characters in the files are all "???????????????????????????" throughout. Basically there is no Exif info nor image info.

I have not added any pictures to the memory card since deleting the set.

After recovering files stated as "Excellent" status and undamaged, the JPG files are errored as "truncated" in Photoshop. No other programs will open the files as well.

Upon opening the recovered files in Wordpad, even though the file size itself displayed resembles the correct image file size, the characters in the files are all "???????????????????????????" throughout. Basically there is no Exif info nor image info.

I have not added any pictures to the memory card since deleting the set.

I am no Recuva expert but did you try "deep scan".Seemed to work for another user recently.

Also be aware that some files that are not marked as "excellent" can still be good. http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=14299

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=106365

Good luck,

:) davey

Memory card maybe not as far as 'deep scan'.

Yes I tried the different deep scans to see if that would generate the files to be usable images. They all get the same results.

I tried just recovering one file, and I tried recovering a file from a Compact Flash Drive I have which gave me the very same results. I am recovering the files from a card reader. Is there any reason I should be recvoering them straight off the camera? I haven't tried that yet. Thanks for the response.