for detecting insecure software.

Run the Secunia Online Software Inspector to make sure that your system is

up-to-date:

http://secunia.com/software_inspector

What is New:

* Updated detection rules for Apple Quicktime 7.50.61.0

Note: Apple Quicktime 7.50.61.0 not supported on Win 2000

Needs Java Runtime Environment installed

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

I use FileHippos "Update Checker" now, but it's still interesting to run Secunia as a comparison.

I fully expected there to be a discrepancy between the two scans, but no, they both showed exactly the same two apps as being the only ones needing updating. I think that's a pat on the back for the accuracy of both of them.

I use FileHippos "Update Checker" now, but it's still interesting to run Secunia as a comparison.

I fully expected there to be a discrepancy between the two scans, but no, they both showed exactly the same two apps as being the only ones needing updating. I think that's a pat on the back for the accuracy of both of them.

Sure they're not the same thing in two different skins?

:) davey

Sure they're not the same thing in two different skins?

Secunia is Java based and is accessed on-line.

FileHippo's Update Checker is a downloaded application that can run off-line and can be updated on-line.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Secunia is Java based and is accessed on-line.

FileHippo's Update Checker is a downloaded application that can run off-line and can be updated on-line.

....My Secunia "PSI Personal" is a downloaded application that can run off-line and can be updated on-line.

....My Secunia "PSI Personal" is a downloaded application that can run off-line and can be updated on-line.

I tried it and its OK but it consumed a large amount of virtual RAM which was about 40MB if I remember correctly and it constantly popped up warning that things had changed when I was trying something.

IE7Pro user

I tried it and its OK but it consumed a large amount of virtual RAM which was about 40MB if I remember correctly and it constantly popped up warning that things had changed when I was trying something.

I know what you mean.I only use it every now and then.I don't run it "real" time in the background.

Need all the RAM I can keep freed up for normal stuff.