The majority of Linux users also use Windows

Stefan Markic

The majority of those who use some Linux distribution also use Windows on their machine. The majority of those who dual boot use Windows as their primary OS.

That's what I stated on some web site, but someone asked me do I have a source for that. I said that I don't, that it's a notice from my personal experience.

So, I really wonder now, do you agree with me or not?

http://digg.com/linux_unix/The_major...so_use_Windows

It doesn't matter why you dual boot. Whether you're locked into some windows-only software or not, the fact still remains, from my experience and point of view, that a lot of people dual boot.

As for Wine, it is well known that some major software, mostly "heavy" one (Photoshop, Sound Forge, AutoCAD, ...), can't give you the same output quality as they can under Windows.

The majority of those who use some Linux distribution also use Windows on their machine. The majority of those who dual boot use Windows as their primary OS.

That's what I stated on some web site, but someone asked me do I have a source for that. I said that I don't, that it's a notice from my personal experience.

So, I really wonder now, do you agree with me or not?

http://digg.com/linux_unix/The_major...so_use_Windows

It doesn't matter why you dual boot. Whether you're locked into some windows-only software or not, the fact still remains, from my experience and point of view, that a lot of people dual boot.

As for Wine, it is well known that some major software, mostly "heavy" one (Photoshop, Sound Forge, AutoCAD, ...), can't give you the same output quality as they can under Windows.

I don't dual boot.

Your first link does not work but the one in your signature does.

I tried Ubuntu and created the the ISO CD and tried to install it on my old 500MHZ P4 256MB RAM system but I could not get it to install to the hard drive and running Ubuntu from the CD was a painful experience.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I do use some linux distros but much prefer XP/Vista.

I never use dual boot as I've seen too many probs relating to such.

Just as easy to plug/unplug a hard drive with which ever system I feel like using.

Have you ever tried Wubi?

You keep Windows as it is, Wubi only adds an extra option to boot into Ubuntu. Wubi does not require you to modify the partitions of your PC, or to use a different bootloader, and does not install special drivers. It works just like any other application. Wubi is spyware and malware free, and being open source, anyone can verify that.

I tri-boot most of the time, with xp, my current main distro and a "testing" distro in which I do things to screw it up.

I need windows because my s-video out doesn't work in linux, I've tried everything. 915resolution seems to limit my shared video memory to 32mb, while the xp driver can use up to 128mb. Gotta love Intel.

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.