Slow Analyze Scan

Recently updated 2.07.575 to 2.08.588 and discovered the Analyze scan is now taking over 40 seconds. In previous versions the scan would never take longer than 5 seconds and usually finished in about 2 seconds. I uninstalled / reinstalled .588 with no changes noted. Tried going back to .575 and it took about 45 seconds to complete the Analyze scan. Used CCleaner to scan for and fix registry issues, but .588 Analyze scan still running more than 40 seconds.

Also have a slow down problem with Run Cleaner. Previously, it would finish almost instantaneously (about a half second.) Now it takes about 10 seconds. If I run a second Analyze scan immediately following the Run Cleaner, it still takes over 40 seconds to finish. All CCleaner settings are recommended default and I've never deviated from that even in prior versions.

My computer has XP Pro w/SP2 (not SP3). My antivirus, antispyware and firewall have not changed and are all up to date. I did not alter any computer settings, add/delete any programs, etc between the time I ran the last Analyze scan with .575 (which took about 2 seconds) and the time I updated to .588 the first time (when slow scan was initially noticed.) I've run a couple of independent diagnostics on my machine and everything checks OK.

Anybody have a similar experience or have any thoughts?