Is CCleaner communicating with the WWW when used?

BAREister

I run CCleaner frequently. I also run Kaspersky AV and it has a security feature notifying me every time an effort is made to alter an executable file and asking whether I want to allow or deny the attempt.

That happened today I denied it.

What might cause this?

Second, EVERY time I run the program the INTERNET light on the modem blinks at LEAST once. SOMETIMES both it AND the ETHERNET light flicker a bit.

WHY is CCleaner communicating with the WWW? Clearly SOMETHING is going on or the INTERNET light would not blink EVERY time I run it and AS OFTEN AS I DO SO. HOW is it? WHAT is being communicated, if anything? Is it SUPPOSED to do this?

Is this ANYTHING to be concerned about?

Anyone know?

Thanks.

Which file(s) is Kaspersky reporting to be altered? As for the inet connectivity CC has an option to auto check for updates. Possibly this is enabled. Aside from that, CC may be triggering one of the many services running in the background causing some connectivity. A security application may be checking an online resource each time the CC executable runs or similar.

Outside of the Update feature, nothing is reporting back. Then again, my Send/Receive lights on my modem will blink sometimes, even if I'm not online. This could be happening and you just have never noticed it before.

AJ

I run CCleaner frequently. I also run Kaspersky AV and it has a security feature notifying me every time an effort is made to alter an executable file and asking whether I want to allow or deny the attempt.

That happened today I denied it.

What might cause this?

Second, EVERY time I run the program the INTERNET light on the modem blinks at LEAST once. SOMETIMES both it AND the ETHERNET light flicker a bit.

WHY is CCleaner communicating with the WWW? Clearly SOMETHING is going on or the INTERNET light would not blink EVERY time I run it and AS OFTEN AS I DO SO. HOW is it? WHAT is being communicated, if anything? Is it SUPPOSED to do this?

Is this ANYTHING to be concerned about?

Anyone know?

Thanks.

Hello Huggy Bare,

Untick the switch at Options > Settings to Automatcally check for updates.Also do not specify this option next time you install a new version.You must uncheck it just like you must uncheck install the Yahoo Tool Bar if you don;t need it.

Good luck,

:) davey