CCleaner failes to clean

owlman1940

I have used CCleaner since hearing about it on the old Screen Savers program with great results however in resent months when I try running the clean phaze of the program it closes before finishing has any one else had this problem :unsure: ?

Welcome to Piriform owlman.

I have used CCleaner since hearing about it on the old Screen Savers program with great results however in resent months when I try running the clean phaze of the program it closes before finishing has any one else had this problem :unsure: ?

I've never heard of this problem. When I do a clean it always performs as it should do then I close it.

Can you post a few more details. Operating system with service pack. Web browser make and version. Antivirus make and version. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Hello wise old Owlman,

Make sure that the option to Close program after cleaning is not ticked at Options > Advanced .

Good luck,

:) davey

Make sure that the option to Close program after cleaning is not ticked at Options > Advanced .

I would never have thought of that one Davey. By default it isn't checked so he must have checked it. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I would never have thought of that one Davey. By default it isn't checked so he must have checked it. ;)

Seemed like a good idea to check it off myself when I first tried CCleaner.Though I couldn't imagine why it would be needed.

I mean, wouldn't you expect a program to close when it finished?Why would you need a switch? :lol:

I mean, wouldn't you expect a program to close when it finished?Why would you need a switch? :lol:

Yes good point Davey.

Unless you have those anouying message boxes Are you sure you want to exit this program?. Its been a long time since I first installed CCleaner so I can't remember my first settings because I just over install the newer versions. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Yes good point Davey.

Unless you have those anouying message boxes Are you sure you want to exit this program?. Its been a long time since I first installed CCleaner so I can't remember my first settings because I just over install the newer versions. ;)

I was laughing at myself being in that same predicament.I am sure the same thoughts came to the OP.

Sometimes after a really long day those "annoying" messages come in handy. :lol: