Tools - startup

C cleaner lover

Startup under tools, was my best friend. Now when I go to it, it won't delete the startup items I highlight. Can anyone tell me why this started happening today? Thanks.

Hello lover,

If you are using the latest version 2.08,then some changes have been made.

If you are using WinXP like I am,you will notice the check box next to each item.Checked should Enable it and Unchecked should Disable it.

For a test I did have one item no longer needed.I highlighted it selected the Delete Entry button and it worked.(I don't make it a habit of Deleting these entries.)

I am not sure if it needs to be Disabled or Enabled on your PC to be Deleted.Mine was Enabled and it still Deleted.

Why not just Disable the entry?

Provide more info if still does not work.

The following info will help others to possibly come up with a solution.

These answers help to evaluate the problem.Just fill in the answers next to or below the questions?

Provide a list of your CCleaner.ini file.( Tick option for Save settings to INI file at Options > Advanced then close CCleaner.This file will be created in C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder.)

Are you using a winapp2.ini file?

Answer "Yes"if you do and please explain its contents or provde a brief listing.Otherwise answer "No".

Are you running with Administrator privileges.

CCleaner version ?

OS,edition ,32bit or 64bit and version ?

Other data you think might be relevant?

What did you do and then what happened?

Thanks,

:) davey

Don't forget a new update to the CCleaner Guide came out Feb. 06,2008.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=1504 Bookmark it and save in your Favorites.

Thanks for taking your time to make a report.

I noticed that all the checks of the items I wanted on startup were checked. I guess the latest version 2.08 is what is different. Thanks for all your help. I didn't really understand the latter part of the response, so I apologize. I'm not a PC grue (sp). But so far, things are great. Thanks again.

Hello lover,

If you are using the latest version 2.08,then some changes have been made.

If you are using WinXP like I am,you will notice the check box next to each item.Checked should Enable it and Unchecked should Disable it.

For a test I did have one item no longer needed.I highlighted it selected the Delete Entry button and it worked.(I don't make it a habit of Deleting these entries.)

I am not sure if it needs to be Disabled or Enabled on your PC to be Deleted.Mine was Enabled and it still Deleted.

Why not just Disable the entry?

Provide more info if still does not work.

The following info will help others to possibly come up with a solution.

These answers help to evaluate the problem.Just fill in the answers next to or below the questions?

Provide a list of your CCleaner.ini file.( Tick option for Save settings to INI file at Options > Advanced then close CCleaner.This file will be created in C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder.)

Are you using a winapp2.ini file?

Answer "Yes"if you do and please explain its contents or provde a brief listing.Otherwise answer "No".

Are you running with Administrator privileges.

CCleaner version ?

OS,edition ,32bit or 64bit and version ?

Other data you think might be relevant?

What did you do and then what happened?

Thanks,

:) davey

Don't forget a new update to the CCleaner Guide came out Feb. 06,2008.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=1504 Bookmark it and save in your Favorites.

Thanks for taking your time to make a report.