Ipod Touch Questions.

speytone

If anyone has one of these id like to talk to them about it. I am contemplating on getting one. (my trusty RCA lyra fell in my coffee and needless to say it doesn't work and the warranty is up and i doubt that is covered anyways)

I know that it may be sort of gimmicky as well but i do want an 8GB nano but im also intrested in the Maps app as well. Casue the same time ive been shopping around and contemplating the nano, ive also been thinking about a small GPS, as my best girl and i are avid day trippers! From what i know the maps app can do the same thing as a gps (sort of) just not in real time?? I stand to be corrected. Thats why i am asking the question.

More importantly though, my biggest concearn is the wi-fi. Is there like a data contract i have to get into with this? Or do i have to pay for the browser services? Etc. Im not totally up on my wi-fi technology. Or is it more or less if it picks up a connection when one is found i just auto connect provided no password or encription code is requested?

Anyways. Any info at all or links or if you have, a user review, i'd be more then happy to hear what everyone has to say.

Im not really intrested in bigger is better. More or less functionality. Thats why i was going for an 8gb nano. But if i can get better little features out of the touch then .. cool!

Thanks

• Moderators

The wifi is just connecting to open networks(the iphone however you have to have a contract. And the connection is SLOW.)

To be honest I think your better off getting a decent mp3 player and a decent gps system and it would still be cheaper than the touch. (the maps thing is basically just yahoo/google maps. You dont get any of the features that actually make GPSes useful).

Ipod touch is $299 for 8gb.

You could get a really good GPS and MP3 player for that.(Plus I hate itunes so not having to use that would be a plus in my book). Only thing you would lose is the mobile browser in the touch, which while kind of neat isn't all that useful. Plus 8gb isn't that much space if you ask me, but I have a 30 gig player that feels small so...

i know this player is $$$ but it's worth anything out right now in my opinion.

Cowon Q5W

Buy it (GPS Sold separately)

GPS

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

Ha.

and

Ha.

Yea i got to thinking and the ipod touch is still 'new'. I'm sure there will be improvements made and im sure they will get better. I think I'm going to take ridgelys advice and go back to my original plan and get a player and a gps. It just seems more efficient.

What is the 30gig player you (rridgely) mentioned?