Finally had to use the program!

CTskifreak

Hey guys,

My parents have a Nikon D40 (sweet camera BTW) and I just had my prom. However, I was looking for a few pictures and realized I had formatted the card. So I fired up Recuva, did a normal scan, and found nothing. Did a deep scan, and found 74 pictures, all recoverable! I recovered them all, and was thoroughly impressed. It seems as though if you format the card, the last set of pictures will still be there, but if you format again, you will not find them, because all of the pictures were from before the last time I formated the card.

The pictures included the Easter gathering at my house, some ducks in our backyard, and me playing Ultimate Frisbee for my school team. The frisbee pictures were the ones I thought I had deleted.

Ironically, I had saved the pictures under my Mom's account in XP, so I was like, "I wasn't stupid, I just couldn't remember where I saved them! :P:D "

So, thank you once again Piriform, because if I hadn't originally transferred them, your program would have saved me.

AJ

• Moderators

I got into a bad habit recently of binning stuff with "Shift-Delete", bypassing the recycle bin. A very bad habit.

But I've never been able to recover jpegs I've accidentally binned, even using Recuva immediately afterwards.

I find the pics, all 100% recoverable, but can't use them as they're corrupted in some way. I have a feeling I'm missing something here.

I got into a bad habit recently of binning stuff with "Shift-Delete", bypassing the recycle bin. A very bad habit.

But I've never been able to recover jpegs I've accidentally binned, even using Recuva immediately afterwards.

I find the pics, all 100% recoverable, but can't use them as they're corrupted in some way. I have a feeling I'm missing something here.

Did you try the Deep Scan also?

:) davey

P.S. I am always restoring something from the Recycle Bin.That is why I never set the option to have CCleaner empty my Recycle Bin.Maybe I'll rename it File 13 like my actual office waste can.I always recover things from there also.

Nobody except me empties either one.

• Moderators

Didn't use the deep scan because the pics were 100% recoverable, and recovered instantly, but they were corrupted somehow.

They weren't important so I just gave them up. No big loss, but I was just puzzled why they were corrupted.