New member - CCleaner Question

tomgschilling

Hi,

I have a temp file in "Documents and settings\default user\local settings\temp" that is close to 700 mbs and CCleaner leaves it alone. That's a lot of disk space taken up by, what seems to be, temporary files. Is there something special about this file or can I just clean it out myself? Thanks. ...Tom

Hi,

I have a temp file in "Documents and settings\default user\local settings\temp" that is close to 700 mbs and CCleaner leaves it alone. That's a lot of disk space taken up by, what seems to be, temporary files. Is there something special about this file or can I just clean it out myself? Thanks. ...Tom

you don't say how old? as CCleaner only do it if over 48 hour's, but you can untick 48 hour's & see if that work's, is it safe to delete Temp & Tmp over 48 hour's be very safe.

Hi,

Hello Tom,

Welcome to the forum.

Don't forget to read the CCleaner Guide.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=1504 Bookmark it and save in your Favorites.

CCleaner only cleans for the current user.

Now how did 700 MB get in there?Who knows.Stuff happens!!!

Have a look in there and see what it is first.

Nothing valuable just delete it.

Good Luck,

:) davey