Help, deep scan crash to desktop!

Zahael

Hi all, I am desperately trying to get back a folder on my desktop that was deleted during an accident quick formate. When I try to run a deep scan with recuva however, it inexplicably shuts down recuva and crashes straight back to desktop. It doesn't do this when I don't do a deep scan, but obviously I need it to do a deep scan because the computer was formatted. ANy help, and is anybody else experiencing this?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all, I am desperately trying to get back a folder on my desktop that was deleted during an accident quick formate. When I try to run a deep scan with recuva however, it inexplicably shuts down recuva and crashes straight back to desktop. It doesn't do this when I don't do a deep scan, but obviously I need it to do a deep scan because the computer was formatted. ANy help, and is anybody else experiencing this?

I'm having exactly the same problem. I start a deep scan and then the whole program just closes out. It does this every time it gets to 2% progress. Haven't found any way to get around it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm having the same problem, the program is running a deep scan and when it is i 70% approx... it crashes!!!

I'm desperate because I lost many important files and photos and I want to recuperate.

Please help!!

• 4 weeks later...
We plan to release a new version with a fix for this issue very soon.

I'm also wondering on an ETA for that. I'm experiencing the same problem, and waiting for this fix.

I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless dominion of our solar system. -Jack Handey

• Moderators

Recuva 1.15 was released on 11th June, so this may be the fix Mr Ron was mentioning. Deep scan runs OK for me. Well, I say OK, it runs to completion but takes too blooming long to run frequently.

I'm having the same problem using the latest version (1.15.327). Deep Scan only gets to 1% then crashes with no explanation. I've tried reinstalling Recuva but that hasn't helped either. If anyone has a suggestion on how to fix this I would appreciate it.