delete browsing history

manhattan

• Moderators

Of course. Assuming you have installed CC, on the Cleaner/Windows page tick all in the Internet Explorer section except the last box. If you're Firefoxing, under Cleaner/Applications tick all in the Firefox section except the last box. Leave the other settings as the default. Go to the Options page, Settings and tick Secure File deletion, one overwrite. Then go back to the Cleaner page and run CC. Don't run any of the other options (especially Registry) at the moment.

When you've done reset the Secure Deletion to Normal Deletion and close CC. Your browsing should be restored virgo intacta.

Now name your price to the 'family member'.

I inherited this computer from a family member and I have noticed some embarrassing browsing/search topics(of the adult nature). I would like to remove search history. Is that possible with CCCleaner? Is it possible with anything?

Hi manhattan,

Augeas gave you terrific instructions to "Secure Delete" (Erase) current data.

There are probably "adult content" pictures still on that Hard Drive but they have been deleted in the past and nobody can see them unless they have software like Piriform Recuva.

If you want to "erase" that data it will require a special program to delete them all.

I think it is important for you to know this.If you want to eliminate this data please see this link.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...ost&p=99736

Best Wishes,

:) davey

P.S. You seem to be a new user.Something lead you to this forum.Take advantage of your membership to read and learn by "searching" the forums on various subjects.Here is a link to get you started.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...ost&p=99958

You are a very considerate "family member" to insure the privacy of others.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

Edited by davey