No Files Found and Access Denied

Barry92

Win XP SP2. I have Admin Rights and running as Admin. When I use Recuva with Wizard, I get dialog box of "No Files Found" even when I deleted a test file and ran Recuva on the directory the file had been in. I have set different paths and searched for different file types and get the same message. When used in Advance mode, I don't get the dialog box with that message, just "Access Denied" message in bottom left of the screen. Help please. :blink:

Welcome to Piriform Barry.

I don't get the dialog box with that message, just "Access Denied" message in bottom left of the screen.

I get that message but I don't have admin rights on the machine I use it on. I've posted a question about this a few weeks ago but no one has replied. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Ok MrRon here is my debug log.

[2008-04-15 18:29:52] [iNFO ] Recuva v1.12.291

[2008-04-15 18:29:52] [iNFO ] System Info: MS Windows XP SP2, , 320MB RAM, ATI Technologies Inc. 3D RAGE II+ PCI

[2008-04-15 18:29:53] [iNFO ] No update available

[2008-04-15 18:30:00] [ERROR] COM exception: FileDriveImpl.cpp(17) : Access is denied. (0x80070005)

I've done a drive search for FileDriveImpl.cpp nothing comes up. I've done a web search for FileDriveImpl.cpp and nothing comes up. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Guest MrRon

KeithUK, Recuva requires admin rights to run, so we will change the error message you've seen to make this clearer.

Win XP SP2. I have Admin Rights and running as Admin. When I use Recuva with Wizard, I get dialog box of "No Files Found" even when I deleted a test file and ran Recuva on the directory the file had been in. . :blink:

It's possible that another piece of software has opened the drive, so Recuva cannot open it. Try running chkdsk on that drive, if it says "Cannot open volume for direct access." then that is the problem.

:)

MrRon