Whistling Cricket Windows XP Tweaking v2.2

Vyrticl

My Windows XP tweaking guide has been updated again. Just like last time, the major change has been to the services portion of the guide with signifcant changes to the recommendations, recommendations for normal and hardcore usage, and a new layout. Other than that, all other changes are minor. Check the guide out and have fun tweaking!

Whistling Cricket Windows XP Tweaking v2.2

Do you have a hunger for tweaking? Have a sudden urge of the tweaking munchies and need to take care of it? Check out The Whistling Cricket Tweaking Restaurant.

• Moderators

Havent read it all yet but the programs that you recommend now are much better. I think you said before that it was for friends, maybe you should also suggest free AV's like Avast and AVG, and firewalls like Zone Alarm and Sygate for the complete security. Also take a look at our free ware section and you could find some more great apps. http://forum.CCleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=1224

Havent read it all yet but the programs that you recommend now are much better. I think you said before that it was for friends, maybe you should also suggest free AV's like Avast and AVG, and firewalls like Zone Alarm and Sygate for the complete security. Also take a look at our free ware section and you could find some more great apps. http://forum.CCleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=1224

I never said it was just for friends and my recommended applications haven't changed since 2.0, heh :D

As for recommending an anti-virus app, I didn't do that to begin with because it's really a matter of opinion and if you want one installed or not. Personally I don't use one and I haven't got a virus, but I would highly recommend one for most people. I have made a list of good anti-virus programs on my host & spicy apps page though.

Do you have a hunger for tweaking? Have a sudden urge of the tweaking munchies and need to take care of it? Check out The Whistling Cricket Tweaking Restaurant.

• Moderators

OOPS! my bad I thought that you were someone else. Their was another guy here who was asking for recommendations for his site. Just to prove I'm not full of crap:

http://forum.CCleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=1339

I did think of something cool though. Maybe you should talk about tweaking Firefox. Not just things like Chromedit (check out Tarun's site If you have no clue what I'm talking about) but things like what is the best configuration for the "tweak networks settings" extension, or what the best extensions. If this is something you have no interest in nevermind, but it was just an idea. Sorry for the mix up. ;)