Why didn't CCleaner remove...

WA Scott

I'm trying to clean up my hard drive because it's out of space. Ran CC and got back about 1 GB, installed Windirstat and found 47 GB of files sitting in "document and settings", ran Doublekiller and found tons of temp, duplicates and what looks like junk files.

Why didn't CC find all this crap and can I set it to safely clean it out?

• Moderators

CC is a fairly conservative application which makes it safe for the majority of users, especially those who may not be familiar with O/S internals. Other cleaners may be more aggressive and suited to the more experienced user.

There's no way in which anyone can give you a yes or no regarding cleaning all your crap without going through every file and relating it to your pc setup. Some files are fairly obviously unwanted, others may be more difficult to evaluate. It's really up to you to decide whether to take the risk of deletion. Just back them up first. Rgds.

• 3 weeks later...

CCleaner doesn't remove my temp files either and now tells me there aren't any. There are several posts in the forum that ask the same question in different ways. I can't find any that have been answered. Good luck.

CCleaner doesn't remove my temp files either and now tells me there aren't any. There are several posts in the forum that ask the same question in different ways. I can't find any that have been answered. Good luck.

Hello writeaway,

You seem to be having many problems with your system.

The same way it was for me when I started being a regular member of the forum.

If you would please use the latest version of CCleaner v2.06.567, you may find that more users are willing to help you out.The older versions were quite "buggy".This latest version is the best and most stable I have seen.

Did you get your Icon Cache problem straigtened out?

I will try to help.

Good Luck,

:) davey