Window still Blank after run CCleaner

Jean.jvj

I'm using W98SE 512MB Ram and since a lot of CCleaner versions ago, the window dont show's me the files to be erased after run Analyze, but after click Run Cleaner twice, the window shows me how many files where deleted and so...

I dont see the list of files to be deleted any more!!

Some one have the solution?

PS: the CCleaner version is always updated and I use the Brazilian - Portuguese language.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Jean.

Welcome to Piriform Jean.

If your talking about Internet Explorer temporary files then click on Options and the Advanced button. There is a checkbox that says Show detailed log of Internet Explorer temporary files, put a tick in the box. If its something else then I'm using v2.05.555 and they show up for me. I'm using Win98SE with 512Mb Ram. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I'm using W98SE 512MB Ram and since a lot of CCleaner versions ago, the window dont show's me the files to be erased after run Analyze, but after click Run Cleaner twice, the window shows me how many files where deleted and so...

PS: the CCleaner version is always updated and I use the Brazilian - Portuguese language.

Jean.

Hi Jean.jvj,

The links listed below discuss a display problem for certain English and Portuguese users.

This may affect your listings.

You should also check the OPTIONS > ADVANCED box as described by Keithuk.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=14106

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showto...amp;#entry96876

Best Wishes,

:) davey

:rolleyes: G R E A T !!!! With your help I have found a BUG in CCleaner !!! :lol: (I think so!)

It works exactly in reverse mode... If you Check Show detailed log of Internet Explorer temporary files, then nothing apears !!!

Unchecking it works normaly... Thanks a lot for you ... Keith an Davey.

Sorry! my english is not so good... I write better in Portuguese. :unsure:

Jean - Sao Paulo - Brazil.

Jean.

:rolleyes: G R E A T !!!! With your help I have found a BUG in CCleaner !!! :lol: (I think so!)

It works exactly in reverse mode... If you Check Show detailed log of Internet Explorer temporary files, then nothing apears !!!

Unchecking it works normaly... Thanks a lot for you ... Keith an Davey.

Sorry! my english is not so good... I write better in Portuguese. :unsure:

Jean - Sao Paulo - Brazil.

Hello Jean,

Your English is fine with me.

Thank you for reporting this problem.

In what version of CCleaner did you first start having this problem?

Do you also have the numeric editing problem?

Do you still get a detailed listing with the option unchecked?

Can you please provide us with some "snapshots" of your listings?Some with the option checked and some without the option checked.

Your help is greatly appreciated.This can help in the resolution of this problem.

Hello,

glad to see someone reported this problem already.. which means it isn't just me who experienced it. I ran a Google search for "CCleaner windows 98 blank" to see if someone else was complaining about this issue and Google pointed me to this topic.

I am running Windows 98FE, and CCleaner does not report the list of files it will delete when I run "analyze". This is with the latest version, i.e., 2.05. I had just updated to the latest version of CCleaner (2.05) from an older version I had on my PC (1.39).

I did some investigating and found that the last version that worked properly, i.e., that listed the files to be deleted after the "analyze" operation, was version 1.41, i.e,. the last 1.x version before version 2.x. So it seems something broke moving from 1.x to 2.x. And this problem hasn't been reported before probably because obviously not many people are using Windows 98 anymore.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

oh, and toggling those options above does nothing for me.. whether or not I check the option "Show detailed log of Internet Explorer temporary files", CCleaner does not list the files to be deleted after the analyze operation.

Hello Number6,

Yes we are still trying to figure out why this occurs for some Win98xx users and not others.

Please read all the previous Posts and replies plus related links.

There is a known listing problem related to Editing of numeric values for some Portuguese and English users.This may not apply to your problem.If not please let us know.

Please be sure to apply the following links and try again.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=5739 Visual Basic 6 Andavari

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en C++ Win98xx

Please answer any previous questions in earlier Posts if you still have problems.

Thanks ,