Ok, I need your help!

mamafowler

Hello, here's the deal. A couple of weeks ago, my 12 year old son discovered the ladies of the internet and I downloaded CCleaner and performed what I thought was the ultimate cleansing and did a little number called "duplicate files" and yes, I aparently deleted the ENTIRE contents of my computer. I am running windows xp, and from what I can tell, most of the files are gone/corrupted. My speakers won't work, my hard drive is missing, and I can't seem to find any restore/recovery dates anywhere. So, I am turning to you..oh wise CCleaner board to help me (or at least try to help me) find my way back from the brink of no-man's land. You may go ahead and giggle at my GIGANTIC error, but while you are giggling, please think of some ways to help me get my computer back to whole :blink: Oh, and I don't have a xp disk, and downloaded recuva and restored all the deleted files it had (sorry if I jumped the gun on that one, it seemed like a good idea). Thank you in advance.

You know what, you are totally right....I am so sorry! I ran them both that day, but it was EasyCleaner that had the duplicate files...and the warnings that I TOTALLY did not read....anyone know anything about EasyCleaner?!

Sorry, I deleted my post as I suggested system restore but you already said you have no restore points to try (I just didn't read your post properly). With no XP disc and no restore points I'm not sure what options you've got, perhaps someone else will have some ideas :unsure:

Hello mamafowler,

Wow!! What a fix to be in!!!

When you ran Recova,what was the input drive and what was the output drive?

Do you have any back-ups?Especially of your personal data?

I know it sounds pretty ominous but at least you may still be able to get back some of the personal files.

Stay calm and let some of these experienced members mull this one over.

Best Wishes,

:) davey