Items Appearing in Analysis, not removed in Cleaning

When I analyze, everything works like normal. After I run the cleaner, It also appears to have finished and worked properly. However, if I analyze again AFTER cleaning, the file has not been deleted (it is still under "files to be deleted"). It is the same file, but it appears in both tabs.

There is one file that does this under the "Windows" tab. It is:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\IadHide5.dll 24.04KB

There is also one under the "Applications" tab. It is:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\IadHide5.dll 24.04KB

There is also an "issue" in the registry that continues to come up every time I run the registry tool, even after I have "fixed" the issue multiple times. It is an open with application issue with my Kodak software updater. I have the Kodak digital camera software installed on my system.

C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\Kodak Software Updater\\7288971\\6.3.2.62-7288971L\\Program\\PrvCnt.exe \"%1\""

None of these were just a one time thing, the exact same file does the same thing every time I run CCleaner, and every time I run the registry tool, both of which I run a few times each day.

Anyone that has experienced these problems before, or knows any kind of solution, PLEASE HELP. Reply to this post or send me an email at:

Email address removed by moderator to prevent spamming

Or Maybe these issues just need to be fixed and put into the next update of CCleaner....

Thank you!

Hello mxzaffino24,

I am thinking you are using CCleaner v. 2.04.543 .

In OPTIONS > ADVANCED do you have the boxes checked to Show detailed log of Internet Explorer

Temporary files .Also the box for Firefox/Mozilla temporary files.

There is a known "bug" that causes confusion.

I am not sure this is as you described but may be the fix in your case.

The Windows Tab and Applications Tab should be considered as 1 long list of options.

When you click Analyze they are all Analyzed in one pass.You do not have to use "Analyze" or "Run Cleaner" for each tab.

Good Luck,

:) davey

There are some Issues that are reported by CCleaner Registry scan that other scanners also show but neither will "fix" the issue.

Edited by davey