Three issues with new .543 version (slow startup/Shockwave msg/AVG Antivirus)

magicfrizbees

Updating from 2.03.532 to 2.04.543 produces three issues - on two different machines. Never experienced problems before now. No one else seems to have encountered these issues. They are ALL completely reproducible (Ghost backups done prior to update on both machines).

Machine 1: lowly Pentium laptop, 128MB RAM, WinXP Pro SP2, IE6, AVG Antivirus

Machine 2: Pentium 4, 1GB RAM, WinXP Pro SP2, IE7, NIS 2007

Issue One: Slow Startup CCleaner set to autorun on startup (/AUTO) - and now takes FOREVER to finish. The new little animated "C" icon displays and there is constant drive access for about 2-3 minutes. Machine is really sluggish until it finishes. Happens on every boot, time after time. Never happened before.

Issue Two: Shockwave Message After the update, on the next boot, a window pops up about some Shockwave player update - Get It or Remind Me Later. Latest Shockwave products already installed, nothing has changed except CCleaner was updated. Can't find any "update" or "reminder" app in Startup Control Panel 2.8 (Mike Lin) - where is this coming from? Tried "Get It" and it downloaded and installed something - tried "Remind Me Later" and it went away.

Issue Three: AVG Antivirus Alert Only on the laptop, CCleaner totally detaches AVG Antivirus from the Windows Security Center - which then complains "no virus protection installed". AVG Antivirus is still running just fine. Temporary Solution: manually restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and all is well. Problem returns on next bootup. Uninstalling/reinstalling AVG (or CCleaner) makes no difference. Even tried some convoluted Windows Recover Console command to reset the %systemroot% variable. Nada.

I'm back to CCleaner 2.03.532 on both systems and will watch for further input.

Thanks!