Flashplayer Folder storing Yahoo Login data

tesseract

Specs: WinXP Home and IE7 (service packs, updates, security patches current per Belarc)

Back in late Dec, I began noticing that Yahoo's login screen "knew" my alias and would only ask for my password. Big red flag since I automatically purge temp files & cookies at end of sessions. I tracked the potential security flaw to Flashplayer. Drilling down through layers of crap uncovered persistently generated files-

C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\#login.yahoo.com\settings.sol

- and -

C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\LG2KWC7G\login.yahoo.com\loginCache.sol

It may be nothing more than a nuisance, but I don't appreciate any identifiable info being stored where I can't flush it easily. I was unable to figure out a combination of options using Adobe's idiotic online Flash Manager that prevented the files from being created/stored, and neither Adobe nor Yahoo had the courtesy to respond. I've recently learned that !*@$% ad servers are abusing Flash, so now I only allow Flashplay to install when absolutely necessary and then immediately uninstall it (via Add/Remove), but that's becoming a royal pain.

Does CCleaner know to drill down into the Flashplayer and remove such personal data files? If not, can it be reconfigured to do so? I wouldn't object to it totally uninstalled Flashplayer rather than twiddling my thumbs waiting for Add/Remove to rebuild a list each time.

Thanks

CCleaner already cleans the entire contents of that directory (C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player). On the downside the deleting of the settings.sol file in that directory also removes all settings you may have changed in Adobe's online Flash manager. So while all Flash data will be removed any privacy settings etc will be changed back to their default (this has only recently been reported so hopefully that settings file will be excluded from cleaning in a future version)

CCleaner already cleans the entire contents of that directory (C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player). On the downside the deleting of the settings.sol file in that directory also removes all settings you may have changed in Adobe's online Flash manager. So while all Flash data will be removed any privacy settings etc will be changed back to their default (this has only recently been reported so hopefully that settings file will be excluded from cleaning in a future version)

Thanks for the clarification, Power. IMHO, Adobe's concocted a moronically convoluted procedure... force us to go on-line to make changes to our preferences, but then store the info in a file that can be erased. Occasionally I find a file is locked so it can't be deleted (as opposed to being hidden or read only). I'm guessing this is a setting in Registry, and shouldn't be that hard for Adobe to do. Unfortunately, if they're getting kickbacks from 3rd party ad servers, they'll likely get pressure to lock those, too so I'd want to know how to UNlock them. Perhaps create a bat file to expedite the process.