No files show up, thousands "ignored".

Jstaryuk

Whenever I go into Recuva to recover a file, absolutely nothing shows up in the list. It says that it found some 6000 files, but also says it ignored those 6000+ files. How can I fix this? :(

See attached picture for example of what happens (Sorry for the bad quality, something went wrong in the screen grab).

post-17848-1198479646_thumb.jpg

post-17848-1198479646_thumb.jpg

Whenever I go into Recuva to recover a file, absolutely nothing shows up in the list. It says that it found some 6000 files, but also says it ignored those 6000+ files. How can I fix this? :(

See attached picture for example of what happens (Sorry for the bad quality, something went wrong in the screen grab).

I think I have this figured out. If you put anything in the box to the right of "Scan" it acts as a mask, or filter. Recuva scans for all files regardless of the mask. It displays those files that match your mask, and shows the rest as "ignored." For example, if you type in "gif" and there are no recoverable gif files, but 6000 others, it will show no files found and at the bottom display "[some info about your hard drive] Found 0 files (6000 Ignored) in xx.xx sec."

-- Aarjay

I think I have this figured out. If you put anything in the box to the right of "Scan" it acts as a mask, or filter. Recuva scans for all files regardless of the mask. It displays those files that match your mask, and shows the rest as "ignored." For example, if you type in "gif" and there are no recoverable gif files, but 6000 others, it will show no files found and at the bottom display "[some info about your hard drive] Found 0 files (6000 Ignored) in xx.xx sec."

-- Aarjay

Thanks, I understand now...but that means that it can't find the files I deleted. Do you think it has something to do with me having Windows Vista?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

How did you delete the files? The recycler will rename deleted files so you will have to search on deletion time or size, etc. You can scan quickly with Recuva watching the preview box if the deleted files are pics.

If you used CCleaner to overwrite your files then that remanes them too. In this case they will, and can, never be recovered.

Rgds.