ccleanr problem

ddbeh1

I downloaded cccleaner and installed today, I had requested desktop icon or short cuts to run program. There are none

can you help on how I correct this and run and fix problems. This is probably the wrong forem, but I don't know what elxe to do. Ddbeh1

I downloaded cccleaner and installed today, I had requested desktop icon or short cuts to run program. There are none

can you help on how I correct this and run and fix problems. This is probably the wrong forem, but I don't know what elxe to do. Ddbeh1

I think this should've been posted in the CCleaner Forum, however I'll try & help

Firstly - have you tried uninstalling then re-installing CCleaner ?? - it's possible that something went amiss & so shortcuts were not made. It's also possible you have some form of Spyware/malware checker software running in the background that prevented the registry etc from being altered.

If you've tried reinstalling & it still doesn't give shortcuts etc then as long as you're not too concern about 'Context menus on Recycle bin' here's how to make a desktop shortcut

1) Use Explorer & browse to where you installed CCleaner (default is 'C:\Program Files\CCleaner') & open the folder

2) On the right hand side of window - Right Click on CCleaner.exe & select [Copy] (if you have 'hide Known File Extensions' you will only see the title 'CCleaner'

3) Right Click on any blank space of your desktop & select 'Paste Shortcut'

You will now have a shortcut called CCleaner.exe on your desktop to do whatever you like with (move to another folder / Place on quicklaunch etc

If you want you can Right Click this shortcut & select 'Rename' to rename it to just 'CCleaner'