Recovering Pictures

2StarSt.

I just downloaded Recuva, but I think there's something wrong. I'm trying to recover deleted pictures. When I click on the Recuva icon on my desktop, a box comes up. In the box, I can only click on 'scan' and 'options.' The 'recover' button does not work.

I just downloaded Recuva, but I think there's something wrong. I'm trying to recover deleted pictures. When I click on the Recuva icon on my desktop, a box comes up. In the box, I can only click on 'scan' and 'options.' The 'recover' button does not work.

Hi,

obviously the 'Recover' button will be active after a scan only, and

selecting some object in the list, since before there is nothing to recover. :)

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

Ok, I did what you said, so now I know the 'recover' buttton can be made active afterall. But I still ahven't dound any of the pics. Beside the

'scan' button is a box with an arrow. When I click on the arrow, there're two choices or two naes that are shown: Loca Disk ©; and

Presario_RP (D:). I was hoping that 'Pictures' wpuld be one of the options. And when I click on either choice and then click on scan, it finds a few things. I don't even know what they are. I don't need those things. I end up deleting them. Can someone pls help me?? I just want my pictures back, but I don't know how to go about in serching for them.

Ok, I did what you said, so now I know the 'recover' buttton can be made active afterall. But I still ahven't dound any of the pics. Beside the

'scan' button is a box with an arrow. When I click on the arrow, there're two choices or two naes that are shown: Loca Disk ?; and

Presario_RP (D:). I was hoping that 'Pictures' wpuld be one of the options. And when I click on either choice and then click on scan, it finds a few things. I don't even know what they are. I don't need those things. I end up deleting them. Can someone pls help me?? I just want my pictures back, but I don't know how to go about in serching for them.

You cannot do a "looking for pictures only" scan.

- Select the drive where your pictures were saved (C: or D:)

- Perform a scan

- Then every type of deleted file will be shown in the list.

- In order to search pictures files only, you need to filter by extension

that file list, writing in the box jpg, or gif, or png, or bmp, or whatever

type of image file are you trying to recover.

Please have a look to the beginner guide, pinned at the top of this page :)

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy